what do i do? my four yr old son just started to pee in the bed and i dont know why?

niki304

Asked by niki304 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't let him have drinks 2 hours before bed. If he is still doing it, then maybe something has stressed him out?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• There may be many different reasons why this is happening. Sometimes when children grow their bladders do not grow as fast as they do and this causes them to start having accidents.

If he drinks a lot right before bed this may also be a cause for it.

With my son he ended up needing surgery to make the tip of his penis wider. He was wetting the bed every night and he was going to the bathroom about 20 times during the day. We finally took him to the doctor and they found that he need to have this surgery. He has been fine ever since.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your son might have bladder problems or emotional problems. My two sons have adhd. Both of them wet the bed for a while. There is a new medication for bed wetter. It is a spray that u spray up ur nose. It shuts down the kidney while the child sleeps and when they wake up in the morning,they go to the bathroom. My son used it for about 6 months and it was wonderful not to have to wash his sheets every day!. Ask your childs doctor about it..I cant remember the name of the medicine but Im sure the doctor will know..
    deafrose

Answer by deafrose at 8:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008