Fertile cervical mucus adult content

My fiance and I have been trying for the past several months to conceive with baby #2 with no success... I decided to lose a little bit of weight to see if that boosted my cycles. I have recently lost 20 pounds and for the first time in several months, i noticed extrememly stretchy fertile mucus, so stretchy that when i wiped it flung off of the tp and onto my shorts. as gross as this sounds, i picked it up and when i did it streched pretty far... my question is is now a critical time to do the deed and what is my time limit in chances of conceiving... "WHAT IS MY TIME LIMIT IN CHANCES OF CONCEIVING?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like you might be ovulating right now! The mucus will act as a ladder and help his sperm swim where they need to more easily. But sperm can last inside you for about 5 days, so no need to over-do the deed! GO FOR IT!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Funny thing is I already did the deed about 10 hours before I noticed the cervical mucus, and I know if wasnt semen doing that... i know the difference between semen and cervical mucus! So I am VERY happy that I noticed it, but im not getting my hopes up!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If it is stretchy and thick I read somewhere a LONG time ago that you will be LESS likely to conceive because the mucous is thick thereby restricting the sperms ability to penetrate it vs. when you feel it and it is slippery and clear. When its clear and slippery it's a good time to try (not sure how this corresponds with your ovulation). When you are charting your ovulation you should definitely make note of the consistency at different times during your cycle. Does that make sense to you? think of it as sperm trying to swim through rubber cement glue (stretchy, thick) as opposed to sperm swimming along easily in clear slippery mucous.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011