I guess there are some things I just don't get...

I heard a christian say the other day that the reason Japan was going through this was because they worshiped buddah and stuff. Doesn't sound like a very christian thing to say to me. I hate getting in the middle of religious debates but that just wasn't right :( What I don't understand is Christians go and try to educate people about their religions, and when the people don't accept it they get angry and say they are going to go to hell. But what if that's just how those people were raised, just like Christians were raised to believe in God? Like I don't think Christians would take to kindly to someone trying to push their beliefs on them. I don't get it. Why would you condemn another culture for the way they were raised? I'm not trying to make anyone angry and sorry if I do but it just doesn't seem right to me...

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• well said. I completely agree - I was just thinking last night (as I pondered life watching that beautiful big moon) about religion and how everyone believes THEIR way is the true way and how funny that is.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well, it isn't all Christians who feel that way. Actually, I think it is a minority who do. I don't get it either, I am a Christian but I will never try and push my beliefs on anyone else. I also don't think God is out to get people because they believe differently.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I dislike when people say stuff like that too. It portrays Christianity in a negative way, and it's so mean (for lack of better word) and un-Christian like.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I believe it is human nature to question.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I was raised christian, I know all christians don't think that way, but it really bothers me those who do. It makes me question alot of things, but wait that must be the devil, couldn't possibly be human nature to question! :)
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• What's the question?
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 1:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011