EWCM

AKA egg-white cervical mucus. I get a few who don't know what it means but ANYWAYS. When you have it, is it the day that you are ovulating or before or what? I only saw it like twice yesterday and none at all today. I believe that I o'd yesterday but just wanna make sure. I'm CD 13. Anybody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• EWCM should be present beginning several days before ovulation, and it should disappear after ovulation has taken place. It's what makes you fertile, and it makes it possible for sperm to travel and to survive for up to several days in your fallopian tubes while they wait for an egg. It's not as obvious for some women as it is for others, so you may only notice it when it's at its peak. But then other women notice it in abundance for many days in a row. Generally speaking, you ovulate on the day that it peaks, when there is the most of it and when it's most stretchy. (You can actually stretch it between your fingers up to a couple of inches.)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008