Have you ever had to start from scratch all over again after a bad breakup? how did u cope ?

punching

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• yes, my ex girlfriend dumped me and was seeing her co worker. im still recovering from some intimacy issues left over from that relationship that ended almost 2 years ago june. it was a bad unhealthy relationship built on lies and cheating and trust issues, fights, blah blah. the thing is, i dont know why i stayed and let it get that bad. i knew it was over months before it was. we were together for almost 2 and a half years, long distant for a year and lived together for a year and a half. i drank and drank and drank. i blacked out, i cried for 2 and a half weeks straight, i couldnt eat even though i was starving and when i did it tasted like ash. i didnt cope very well at all. i think i died instead. but i found myself eventually and learned to love myself again, then i met my DF and couldnt be happier! he is also the father of my son!
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 2:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yep, several times and you just deal with it and keep busy. When I was older after my 2nd marriage I took time off to figure out why I picked basically the same man in a different package. I took time for myself and just healed. It was the best thing I ever did because when the perfect man for me came along I was able to recognize it and be ready for it and I've never been happier. Work out, get a hobby, just keep busy in a positive way and really so some self evaluation, what are your patterns, what role do YOU play in the bad relationships and how can YOU make changes to your own bad habits? I've been married twice and one serious relationship where I wasn't married prior to the relationship I'm in now........this was so worth the wait and all the hurt I had to endure to become the person I am today.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Aww I am sorry. I have not but have suorted friends that have. i would just offer do it one day at a time and you will get through it hun. Here's a bump.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• let myself breakdown a few times when my son was asleep, then I started doing yoga and meditating, excersizing, eating better, just taking care of myself the best I could so I could recouperate and get strong enough to move on
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes, when I divorced my ex-husband. I had to take over all of the expenses, all of the work around the house, all of the care for my son (well, I really did most of that to begin with anyway). I knew it would be hard, but I got through it. I have a great support system in my family and now have a wonderful boyfriend who is so good to us.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011