Best way to make squash?

I bought a yellow summer squash and I was wondering what is the best way of making it for a side dish. I know I used to work at a cafeteria and they cook it with butter and parmasan cheese I think.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 3:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I cut mine just under a 1/4" think and steam them then add some milk and American cheese. This is similar to home made mac n cheese but it is really good. You can add salt and pepper to taste. This is really the only way I can get my kids to eat squash.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 3:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I like them steamed with nothing on them but then I'm kind of weird. I make a little stir fry with yellow summer and zucchini squash with some garlic, OJ, soy sauce and brown sugar that the boys like.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I steam or saute in a little butter with chopped onion, then add some garlic salt, pepper, and oregano. Sometimes a little parmesan cheese.

Answer by Bmat at 4:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008