Would you send your kids to a school with corporal punishment/paddling?

i went to a private elementary school where corporal punishment was used ugh!!!! i hated it. i would never allow some teacher to put their hands on my kids.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 2:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• NEVER - they would have to lock me up if anyone touched my child.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Absolutely not
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 2:03 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No I would never send my child there. I don't want some person I don't know paddling my child. They make think my child needs to be spanked over something that I wouldn't think would deserve that type of punishment and that just wouldn't fly with me.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Absolutely not! I remember getting a paddling when I was in the 4th grade because I chose to go to the bathroom after recess! It was VERY demeaning and humiliating with all th kids snickering. I will NEVER forget that teachers name. Corporal punishment should never be used on a child.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• There's no way in hell.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• She did, lol.  True story.  My sister was bullied in school.  She was standing on top of the toilet to hide from some girls in the bathroom stall.  To balance herself she was holding onto the door.  Silly ass.  They could see her hands.  One of the girls pulled the door open and my sister swung on the door, lol.  Right then the teacher walked in the bathroom.  She got a paddling for swinging on the bathroom door.  She had one of those white wigs like people in the olden days would wear.  It was freaking hilarious.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:29 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• never would i send my daughter to a school like that
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 2:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• As unreal as it seems they are still out there. IDK none of our children ever attended such a school.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• absolutely not! there are so many other way to discipline children. Corporal punishment does not teach anything.
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 4:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Actually, in one of my classes we did a debate and I was suprised to see that in the state of Idaho amongst other states it is legal for the principal to spank children. So I guess it is legal at my sons school, but come on they would never do that! Not there anyways.

I guess some things never change

CleaningMachine

Answer by CleaningMachine at 2:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2011