Stretch marks...

Okay so for real.... When did they start appearing for you? I've been lubing up the belly and hips and butt since I found out I was preggo.... in hope to avoid them.... but I know there's probably not to much I can do and that if I'm gonna get them they'll show up eventually..... I'm 23 weeks pregnant and no marks yet, but I already feel like damn.... how can my skin stretch much more w/o getting them.... so just curious as to what week in pregnancy they started showing up for everyone else out there in cafemom world.... thanks.

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 3:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have any at all until my last 3 weeks of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I didn't see any stretch marks until after having my dh.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If your mom has them and her mom has them no matter what even if you put lotion on every da you will get them. But after you have the baby they won't go away but they will lighten up.
    Anonymous

• I didn't get any until I was in labor! I swelled up so much from the drugs and fluid that my skin couldn't take it anymore. I'd gained my weight very gradually and kept well hydrated and moisturized for forty weeks...only to have it all go to waste in one fell swoop. :) Oh well.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I started really noticing mine about 2 weeks ago. I'm 36 weeks now. I keep lots of lotion and stuff on, but he's just getting so big that my skin has to make room.
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 3:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• damn it's inevitable then I guess.... so far I've been gaining very gradual... like a pound a week and intend to not go over that rate, so I was being very hopefull. Plus I apply all the expensive stuff like honey butter and bio oil, but my mom got slight marks on her love handles so I guess I will eventually get them too.... uggghhh
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 3:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I am 32 wks and I was small to start with but NO STRETCH MARKS yet!? *keeping fingers crossed*!!! GL- I use Cocoa Butter and I use it 3-5times a day!!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Good luck to you too! Damn I use my stuff like 1-2 times a day.... maybe I should use it more often, but that would really get expensive I think.... I go through a 20 dollar supply in like two weeks and a 12 dollar supply in a week!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 4:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• with my first daughter I got the really light ones when I was 8 months pregnant and then they got redder but they came alot more after I had her and didn't take care of my skin.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• 7 months with the first, already had em with the second so i dont know
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 7:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2008