sex question [no drama please].

I'm 25 weeks and 2 days.

I've been having sex all along just fine, but the other day I was in ER b/c i wasn't feeling good, thought i had strep, ended up being a cold :-|

anywaysssssss, they checked to make sure i wasn't contracting yadda yadda, checked my cervix told me it was not thinning or dilating at that point, they said there weren't contractions, just 'jumps' on the monitor b/c the uterus was a bit irritated...well i just had sex [tmi oh well lol] and i know orgasm can trigger contractions, should i be concerned since my uterus gets 'irritated'....? my doc has not given me a 'no' on the sex or anything...

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They're all correct doll, it's normal. Orgasms cause contractions of the uterus whether you are preggers or not. It's part of the good feeling lol. As long as the doctors did not prohibit you from having sex or tell you not to allow yourself to orgasm I think you're good. If they were concerned they would've let you know. I've said it before and I'll say it again... HAve as MUCH sex as you can now, cause it's definitely going to taper off at least for the first few months after that bundle of joy is out of your belly and in your arms. You worry so much girlie, I wish I could stick half my brain in your head for a little bit so you could have less stress in your life. You're doing great!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Nope, that's totally normal. Orgasms cause contractions. As long it doesn't progress, there's nothing to worry about.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• its normal. did they tell you yuo need to worry?
    Anonymous

• We had sex up until the night before I before I had our baby and it wasn't a problem. I think you should always check with your Dr. though. They would know if there's a reason why you shouldn't.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your doctor would have told you to stop having sex, so don't worry! I was on medication for my irritable uterus but was still allowed to have sex!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• im sure it is normal .. lol i always feel really weird in that area after words lol ... i hope your cold gets better!!
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008