Diet pills... Phentermine

Im doing p90x and am changing my eating habits bit id like to buy a dietary supplement as well. Im thinking about buying phentermine. Id like to lose about 30 to 40 lbs. Can u give any input on diet pills u like or if uve taken phentermine what u thought abput ot? Thx!!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• BAD for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• yea i have heard that its not a good thing to do but i mean if you would like to find out for yourself then i would try it.
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My bil takes them and has lost about 40 lbs but id like to get input from others that have also taken ot.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• R u SURE you don't have to have an RX for them???? ,.... I think you do from your DR. Just keep in mind.... nothing is going to work over night. It does take time and YOU have to change your habits, exercise, watch your end take of drinks an foods. count carlories, AND ASK A PHARMICIST ON WHAT HE RECOMMENDS that you can use to help burn off the calories... good luck momma
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No u dont have to have a rx.i am changinf my lifestyle. Im doing p90x an extreme workout. Chaning my dietary habits as well.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 3:11 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I tried one time and i will never again. I felt like my nerves were janggling...........ewh!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 5:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• do not take diet pills. what your doing is good enough.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• if you've changed your eating habits and exercise you don't NEED diet pills. Phentermine was one of two drugs in Fen-Phen which was pulled for causing DEATH. While it was the combination of the two that caused the ultimate problem with this drug, phentermine is linked with increased heart rate and other problems and it's been BANNED in the UK for it's side effects. You don't need a pill to go with what you are already doing. Most diet pills eventually get pulled when it's too late and the long term DEADLY side effects are finally known.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Phentermine works but it's by script only. It will make you a bit jittery and ALL the weight plus some will come back on after you stop the pills. Docs generally only prescribe them for three months at a time due to health risks.
    I have been using Dexatrim Max which you can buy anywhere. They really take the edge off of hunger yet don't make me feel weird at all. I am able to eat properly and exercise. I feel a lot better taking these than I did with the other pills.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have taken them and they work wonders. I did have to go to the Dr to get a prescription and you have to go back every month to get a refill. The only thing bad that I noticed was since you take them in the morning you would be full of energy in the morning and then around 2:00 you would feel exhuasted. I usually would then take a caffeine pill to get me threw the rest of the day. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2011