What is a mum

this ia a big question to me
are you a mum just because you gave birth to a child ?
or is a mum someone you care for a child and love a child?

Asked by feralkitten at 4:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is a up and down job. As long as we always do our best we are mum. The job is never ending and comes with no instructions. Some days just showing up is the best that you can do. It is a lifetime job one day at a time.

Answer by rosetoes at 4:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• well i think it takes more than giving birth to be a mum....caring and loving a child i would say and someone just giving birth and not doing so is just a mother whom carried the child...i can b wrong and if iam let me kno...

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 4:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Both would be ideal.

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm adopted... my first mother is still my mother. Just because she was young and poor doesn't make her any less my mother.

She's a lot more my mum than the woman who brought me and then kicked me out because i didn't fit her ideal as a daughter... i.e i'm not a missionary and i'm bisexual.

Answer by Piskie at 6:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Mum is someone you care for a child, love a child and also correct the same child when he/she does wrong things....

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I am both a birth mother and a Mom.

Answer by Satiblue at 7:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• a flower

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2011