I have anoxic brain injury from a accidental hospital overdose. Any stories like me?

I went in for a day surgery for my 3rd knee surgery. I awoke on life support. They hospital gave me a narcotic overdose. I now have brain injury which includes short term memory loss and seizures. I miss my old me. Please share your experience strength and hopes.

rosetoes

Asked by rosetoes at 4:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

• I am very sorry for your situation. Mine is not exactly like yours. MY DD went into the hospital because she was having a seizure and they couldn't stop it so they put her in a medically induced coma. After 11 days they started waking her up although she was still on a lot of seizure medication. She was crazy when she first woke up and we found out later that they had been double dosing her giving her 2 times the amount of medication she was suppose to get. She has short term memory lose and is a different child now. It is very hard at times although we are trying to be positive.

I know there are no words to make you feel better. I wish you the best, hopefully it will get better. I will pray for you Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2011