• In the Spotlight:

Do you ever take your kids to concerts?

We do, my son is going to one tonight with his Dad.
Sevendust, Avenaged Sevenfold, and i forget the other one.
It will alot of fun for them.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:07 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I love taking my children to concerts and had forgotten how fun they are until we started going again. My 2 older children saw Lincoln Park, My Chemical Romance, and a bunch of others for their first concert. My youngest saw Kenny Chesney both in the same year, 2006. At the time they were 9, 7, and 5. Since they I think we've been to like 10 concerts and seen maybe 20 bands.

It is always so much fun and a great memory that we will share for the rest of our lives.

Hope they have a great time!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My first son was born in 1967, I was in school at Cornell and it was a time when kids were part of everything. He went with me to many concerts on the slope. The next two sons came at a time of folk concerts in the fields. As they grew it was a series of concerts in the park and at the stadium. We moved away from Ithaca and we went to concerts at Chrysler Hall in Norfolk. My third son especially liked Neil Diamond. They built the Ampitheater in Virginia Beach and I remember taking my daughter to see Cheryl Crowe. I think that was in about 1996. My third son and my daughter have died. Thank you for bringing back these memories. They are memories I hold dear.

tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yeah I do. Avenged Sevenfold....They'll love it, that group really puts on a show!
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I took my son who was 15 at the time to see America, he became a huge fan. We have always been a big music family. My kids play instruments etc. I think as long as they are older it is ok...you have to be careful of loud noise and little ears.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree, my 8 yr old wants to go to one and i would get him some earplugs. but i think its ok for my 16 yr old.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my daughter has been to one but i want to take her to more
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 12:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011