Gestational diabetes??

I went in last week and they told me my glucose levels were high on my one hour screening. So they want me to do the 3 hour one and i won't know the results of that until dec. 5. If I have gestational diabetes ( not sure if spelled right) should I be careful about what i eat and everything else until then. What happens if i have too much sugar? MY Dr. didn't give me much info just said to get the 3 hour test, so any info will help.
thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry until you have the results. You may have just spiked that day. You should be trying to eat healthy anyway. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had GD with two of my kids. Dont worry until you h ave the actual results back because you can just have a spike that day for whatever reason. The risks are the same as anyone with diabetis and you can look that up on webmd and get a better description then I could here with limited text allowed. It isnt that big a deal if you do have it. You just have to test your sugar and watch your diet. After awhile you get whats making your sugar high and what foods dont. The main concern with it is a baby whose very big.
    Anonymous