Has anyone ever used a portable air conditioner/ heater? Which ones do you recommend?

We are going to attempt to turn our garage into a little playroom.

We're not going to make any permanent, expensive changes but....obviously, since I live in TX, we need to have to have it where it's not as hot as an oven in the summer.

Anyone ever used a portable air conditoner / or one that combines as a heater?

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!

nov30mom

Asked by nov30mom at 3:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I havent but my dd had one in her first apartment. It worked great and I even thought of getting one. I think its a great idea.
    Anonymous

• We have a portable AC in our new back room (but it doesn't have heat). It used to be our back porch now it is a sunroom. If you are going this route then you will have to have a window OR cut a hole in your wall for a vent. The portable units have to vent to the outside. They pull the warm air and blow it through a duct (kindof like a dryer duct) and it has to blow outside. The air that blows out is really hot too. However these little suckers really work great at cooling a room off! We bought ours prior to having the walls for the sunroom put up, so we had the contractor cut the hole in the wall and put the vent in.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2008