Why does Cafemom allow things like Bitch groups and the bullying that goes on? adult content

Is it a freedom of speech thing? Do they hope these women will eventually self monitor themselves and their actions on the site? Some of the bitch groups are actually pretty cool. But some are nothing more than breeding grounds for group bully attacks on other members in OTHER cafemom groups and Cafemom is aware its going on.

Satiblue

Asked by Satiblue at 7:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• What difference it makes if someone has got nothing better to do......... :-)
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Because its a social network with groups and if people want to go into a group with a title Bitches then I guess CM figures they know what they are getting themselves into.

Answer by gemgem at 7:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have been here since about the beginning and there always have been groups like that. They might not have been popular but they were there. Fact is this site is for moms, and that being said most people figure moms are grown women. If they want to act like children then its on them? I know there are laws that protect people from internet stalking and bullying so I guess if it came down to it someone could report someone to the authorities. CM would have to cooperate at that point.

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Actually its pretty easy here where I live. My cousin was being harassed by some woman in KY and we called the police. They tracked her IP & got her name and she was arrested./

Answer by gemgem at 7:57 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• LOLOL that is true
    Satiblue

Comment by Satiblue (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well there are some that go way out of bounds, and that is why I WONDER why it's allowed to that extreme? I remember back in the day that type of behaviour was simply NOT allowed on Cafemom. Oh the debate groups got hot sure. But Bitch groups set up just to play out stalking and bullying? never would have flown on this site back then.
    Satiblue

Comment by Satiblue (original poster) at 7:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Do you have any idea how hard it is to prove a case of harrassment online to the point where the police will take action? Unfortunately the laws have not yet caught up with the technology. I would think the sponsors of the site would put pressure on Cafemom to curtail some of it, but it seems like its not only allowed but encouraged in some cases.
    Satiblue

Comment by Satiblue (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Dang can I come live there? here in Wisconsin they say there has to very heavy duty proof. It has to have been documented for a long period of time, the harasser has to be notified to cease and desist first, if they fail then legal action starts. i have tried to file charges, including having turned over my hard drive that someone HACKED in to. and they still say there is not enough to pursue a case.
    Satiblue

Comment by Satiblue (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Nope not here. I am in NC they have busted a couple people in the past few months I have known about. They actually raided a womans house and took her comps lmao. They convicted her. She is not allowed to own a computer, have internet service or access the internet for 5 yrs.

Answer by gemgem at 8:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2011