Family Oriented Cruises--Norweigan and Royal Carribbean

Of course Disney.
This weekend I heard ads for Norweigan and Royal Carribbean cruise lines. I think one was associated with Nick and the other with Dream Works. This is great. I love cruising and not with my four year old granddaughter this will be wonderful.
We always look for fantastic deals for our cruises. Does anyone know of any deals on the family theme cruises? I am afraid of Disney because I fear they are just way too expensive.
Anyone have any information they can share?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 7:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Travel

• Disney is slightly more expensive, but SO much better than the other cruise lines. We went last September and my kids were 5 & 7. They had so much fun. The kid camps are absolutely wonderful. The kids were mad when we would pick them up at midnight!!! They never wanted to leave. I could go on and on. This year is a little more expensive because there is a really high demand because of the new ship, but you can book 18 months in advance, so you could probably get a better price for next year. Also go during a lower volume time, like the end of September or October. The weather is still hot, kids are in school, it's the end of hurricane season so you won't have to worry about hurricanes.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I've heard great reviews of both ships. You should check out www.cruisecritic.com It has reviews of all of the cruise lines.

Also, I know that Disney is a little more expensive, but Disney cruises are so much fun for that age. On a Disney cruise, she will be able to have tea with Alice, eat breakfast with Mickey, see characters everyday, have a large area to run around on the ship (children's area), do children's karoeke, have Snow White read her stories, etc... The activities differ depending on the ship, but every ship has a pirate party with fireworks (the only cruise line to offer fireworks).

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oh no sweetie go Disney. They have excellent deals right now. It is a memory you all will cherish forever. We went several years ago with our youngest son. The memories were worth every penny!

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No info really but Royal Caribbean is great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Awe I want to Go! I just saw an add in the COSTCO Travel guide, The one they have at the front of the store. But I didnt get the scoop.
    Sounds like a Blast. I wish my mom valued time she spends with my kids :( she isnt really into making memories. Good for you!
    yobabywazup

Answer by yobabywazup at 1:21 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I just want to go on a cruise too. Just need the money lol and I was waiting for my son to be a little bigger but soon he will be 6 and family oriented one will be so great for us
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2011