Is it proper to give my oldest daughter her creamated dad now that Im remarried?Shes 35 yrs old

grannybradford

Asked by grannybradford at 8:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Absolutely ok. He was part of both of you, if she wants and agrees, now its her time to keep the remains, 35 is old enough. And if she doesn't want to keep them, and since you want to feel free in starting a new chapter in your life with your new husband, which is totally understandable, well maybe you could consider letting go of the ashes in a natural enviroment with a beautiful private family ceremony,. Maybe out in the ocean or a beautiful lake somewhere? idk, i'm just suggesting some options that come to mind. Sometimes its time to let go. But it doesn't mean at all you will forget that special loved one. The way I see it, Its just closing one chapter to let open a new one. But whatever you choose to do, it will be the best answer. Only you and your daughter can decide what is best and what it in your hearts.

babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ask her if she wants the cremains.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 8:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If he died while you were still married then i do not see the harm in keeping them. I think something like that your Husband would understand.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Proper? Is there some sort of etiquette about remains. If that what you want to do and she wants them then that's okay.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes I think so.

Answer by gemgem at 8:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If she wants them, I don't see anything wrong with it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:03 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes, if she wants the remains
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If she wants them and you do not then, yes, it is completely proper.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011