Am I the only one who thinks

that just because their teen daughter is pregnant that that does not give the teen father the right to drive her car (since he sold his own and isn't buying a new one) or live in our home so they can "be together"?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 9:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I agree with you.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree with you too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You are not alone. Teen parents do have it harder than older ones. I feel that this means they need to work harder.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm with zoeyis on this one, at least he is trying to be in their life.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No your not. If that were to happen to me I wouldn't allow it however, I was a pregnant teen and my mom let us live together. I wish she hadn't because I got tired of him really quick and he became way to comfortable. Needless to say it didn't matter anyways, in the last 7 years hes seen our son twice and our son turns 11 in May.
    CandiceKat

Answer by CandiceKat at 9:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The only "right" he has is to be a parent, and help support his child emotionally and financially!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No the teenage father has no rights to anything other than supporting the child.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If you pay for the car or the insurance, then it's really your car and your rules. If your daughter paid for the car and pays for the insurance, then I guess she can allow him to drive it. You are under no obligation to allow him to live in your home.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:14 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Just because he's stepping up to the plate does not give him the right to drive her car or live with you. Its his job to take care of his child and be in the child's life, he does not deserve a pat on the back for that. Anyway, I stand with you, I would not tolerate it either!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree with you. I would be giving him points for just staying with your daughter and caring. Most teenage boys would be running away from the problem. I wouldn't allow him to live with you. When I was pregnant at 15/16 my parents would NOT let my boyfriend live with us. I never saw the point in it any way. As for the car, if you are paying the insurance, that's your car, you can decide who drives it. If your daughter pays it, it's her decision if he can drive it or not.
    austinsmom95

Answer by austinsmom95 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011