Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EDITED IN RED--What is a good way to relieve?

pain in the neck, back, shoulders and arms? Anything OTC that I can take or use to relieve this pain? Thanks

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Endometriosis and am on medication for these but was windering if there was anything else I could do or take


Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

Level 47 (254,089 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Advil or any antiinflamitory. Heat and or Ice. If you have a disposable diaper get it wet and put it in the microwave for about 1 1/2 min then remove carefully and put in a hand towel it makes an inexpensive heat pack. You can use a hand towel as well.

    Answer by melliesmom1207 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • a good massage!

    Answer by samurai_chica at 9:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • Alieve or advil and some heat

    Answer by CandiceKat at 9:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • hot bath, good massage, I take 4 motrin OTC to make prescription strength.

    Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • Try to rotate your arms clockwise and anticlockwise. Do it slowly. Do the same for your neck semi clockwise & semi anticlockwise. This helps...

    Answer by AnuMeha at 9:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • do you know what the pains are from?
    i would say stretching without knowing more : )
    i would not take anything otc!

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • I have the same thing and I take Ibuprofen occasionally. I don't want to risk side effects from pain meds tho,so I tough it out. It seems to come from bad posture and being tense. Lying down on the floor and stretching could help.

    Answer by minnesotanice at 10:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • many medications are now being suspected of causing fibromyalgia. eat a clean diet.  find a good chiropractor : ) i wish you the best of health. once your endometriosis is taken care of you may want to seek help from alternative sources.

    there are other options for you!!!!


    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2011