How long after losing your mucous plug did your labor start? adult content

Hello..I am 34 wk 3 days and lost my mucous plug on Saturday. This is my 2nd pregnancy and don't recall it happening with my daughter. I am high risk due to the previous placental abruption at 34 wk 5 days with my daughter and just have the feeling that baby boy won't be lasting much longer. Just wondering what other people have experienced after losing their mucous plug. Thanks!

dvjoh3280

Asked by dvjoh3280 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My 1st and 2nd pregnancies it was right around 2 weeks and my last pregnancy it was 2 days.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• a week exactly
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lost it at 36 wks 6 days

had baby at 40 wks exactly
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Weeks... I was 3 cm for a month when I was induced with DD and was dialated for weeks when I was induced with my twins. 34 weeks is too early. There are too many things that can go wrong.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I started losing pieces at about 36 weeks. I actually lost it after being in labor for 3 days when I got to about 6cm.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks everyone. I have a doc appt today and truly feel he will be coming this week. We are concerned bc of his lungs but than again my daughter was born this same time and did remarkably well in the hospital. I had gestational diabetes with her and now also with him so there is another reason I am high risk.
    dvjoh3280

Comment by dvjoh3280 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I never lost mine until labor. The mucous plug does regenerate so I wouldn't worry too much about losing it this early. It's not necessarily an indication of labor. Are you having any other signs of labor?
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• sometimes it takes weeks or days it just depends on the women. i lost mine and never had my first child for three weeks and with my second one i lost it and the next day my water broke and i had my second son. it just depends on the baby and the mother.
    mammawolf604

Answer by mammawolf604 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I lost mine early but labor never started so it doesnt mean much.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lost pieces all along with my first, lost it at 25 weeks with my second, and lost it 5 weeks post pardum (csection babies) with my third... i have never gone into labor however... but my kids were 36, 34, and 38 weeks when born... you could have a while.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011