Am I staring labor? I am 39 weeks pregnant and I woke up with a horrible lower back pain and pressure, now I am starting to feel contractions, they are a bit painful but tolerable still, these are not Braxton Hicks contractions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• logout of the computer and go to the hospital. You are in labor.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree with the PP get to the hospital. Call you OB to warn them and tell them how far apart your contractions are. Good luck and congrats!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• why haven't you called your OB/midwife yet??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You are in labor. Call your doctor and see how far apart the contractions need to be when he/she wants you in L&D.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't freak out yet. But yeah, call your OB or the hospital. If you can still walk and talk through them you are probably in early labor. Spend this time at home preparing for your baby!

I felt kind of like you when I had my son, I stayed home until I couldn't walk or talk thru a contraction and when I got there I was already 6cm and had him 2hours later :)
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 9:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You don't have to RUSH to the hospital because you are feeling contractions. With my son I had contractions ALL DAY and they were only a little bit painful, I went to the hospital at night. You could go walking to see if they get closer together and more painful. Don't go to the hospital yet unless they are really close or really painful, all they are going to do is pump you full of medications and strap you to a bed.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Good luck. Sounds like you'll be meeting your LO soon! Remember to stay relaxed and focus on your needs.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• call your dr to give them a heads up but they will probably tell you that you dont have to come in unless your water broke or your contractions are at least 5 minutes apart
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Call your ob/midwife and run it by him/her. You could well be in labor but its probably not time to panic yet.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• it all depends on if the contractions stay strong and get stronger...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011