Stage?

My DD2 has been having these episodes of just freaking out for no apparent reason. She'll be perfectly happy and all of the sudden something doesn't go the way she wants or something is out of place, or for no apparent reason, she starts crying and having a fit. I usually have to remove her from whatever activity is causing the freak-out and start her on a new activity, or just hold her. Is this a stage? Can I do something to help her get through it easier?

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 9:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If this goes on for more than 4 - 6 weeks, you should call Early Intervention and have an evaluation done. It could be a stage or it could be a sign of a developmental issue.  If things aren't getting better, call sooner.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hmm.. the lit one is soooo smart, knows how to grab attention. Show that you are busy in some other work though you will have to monitor her closely. Show her that you are busy on the phone. Automatically this would stop..... :-)
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2011