I have a tilted uterus... pics inside

A normal uterus points towards the back. But a tilted uterus is more in the stomach area. The first picture is the one that is tilted and the second is a normal one.
Photobucket

So what I am wondering is since a tilted uterus is in the stomach basically does that mean that if I am pregnant I will show sooner. If you dont have one it starts growing towards the back and grows out but the tilted uterus automatically starts growing out.

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend who has a tilted uterus and she showed at the normal rate anyone else would. I don't think it matters.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 3:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• A tilted uterus will always flip, when it does you will be able to notice that you are showing more. mine is tilted and it flipped at about 10-12 weeks
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• its fine, it doesnt mean you will show early or anything, every pregnancy varies on when they show. a tilted uterus doesnt mean it will show earlier.
    Anonymous

• I have a tilted uterus i didnt show with my first till around 5months and with this one by the time i was 12wks i was showing so i dont know if it makes a difference or not. iv heard it can be harder to deliver naturally though meaning with a c section. not sure how true that one is becuz my son was born c section becuz of fetal distress.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Well my doctor said that usually they straighten out by the time you are like 5 months along. I dont really believe it causes C-sections but you never know. At least I hope it doesnt!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have an extremly tipped uterus and I was'nt showing at 7 months with one of my pregnancies... i don't hink you show more quickly or not than other women. I've known a few women that were so thin to begin with they were rocking a basketball belly by 3 or 4 months...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have a tilted uterus and it doesn't really mean anything. You will not show sooner unless your body type (family history) is prone to show early anyway, or if you are super skinny. I wouldn't worry about it. You should be fine.
    Anonymous