Hardback/Softback books or Audio Books?

NO audio books for me...I can never stay focused on the listening too easily distracted.

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 10:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hard or paper back depends on if i know the hardback will go to paper back so be cheaper
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 12:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Kindle here!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Audio books...........
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• When I read I prefer paper back books. I do like audio books and I listen to them when I work. In fact the audio books help to tune out background noise and my keying speed has increased greatly!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I am looking for Audio books that will work on my computer, because I don't have an MP3 player or a smart phone. But I would like to get some of my books on audio so that I can listen while I clean or work or whatever. But I do prefer paper over the ebook. I don't read fiction, instead I tend to only "study" rather than just kick back and read lightly. So I need something I can highlight and make notes in. But, I still think Audio books would be great because I can put them on even when I wouldn't be able to sit down and read or study, but I would still be absorbing information.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I like paper back.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I hate audio books. I can never stand the voice of the person reading, or I think they're too slow. Plus, *reading* is my favorite part of reading a book.

Between paperback and hardback, I'll always choose paper if given the choice. That way, when I'm lying sideways in bed, I can hold the book open easily with one hand.

Lately, however, I've been getting most of my books on my Kindle. I enjoy it, but there is still nothing like flipping the pages of a book.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• paperbacks easier to carry around in my purse.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• When I am reading I like the hard copy or ebook, I want to read the words. But I LOVE to travel with Audio books I can drive for HOURS with a book going.

I was getting annoyed with my friends and family who were calling me when I was driving alone back to Arkansas from Colorado in the middle of the night. They were trying to be sweet and knew since I just dropped of my daughter and it was late... blah blah blah ... I just wanted to get back to my book!
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Paper or e- for me. Hardbacks are heavy, which makes them not easily portable and they kill my wrists if I try to hold them up. And the cost is prohibitive! These days, I read more on my Nook than on paper, anyway.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 6:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011