Is it a stage?

My DD2 has been having these episodes of just freaking out for no apparent reason. She'll be perfectly happy and all of the sudden something doesn't go the way she wants or something is out of place, or for no apparent reason, she starts crying and having a fit. I usually have to remove her from whatever activity is causing the freak-out and start her on a new activity, or just hold her. Is this a stage? Can I do something to help her get through it easier?

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 10:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why did you post this question again? Hmm. I didn't get it. Actually I had replied to this question. Hence don't want to reply again.... No problems otherwise..... :-)
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:24 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• what ur doing sounds great! An yes it is a stage that some childrendo go thru? I had to do the same thing u are with my daughter it only lasted for a couple of months an she grew out of it.
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 10:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• just a stage hun. (early terrible twos, lol). just remove her from the situation and find a quick replacement that calms her down.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It could be a stage, it might be something else. If you're worried, go see her ped.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My son was like that and still he struggles at times. but its life we all have diffrent thresholds and hav e to work on managing our emotions. forever so... i find kids grow out of things but u can see your toddler in your 15 yr old yrs later and see that we dont change too much lol. personality developes. remain calm set a good example and protect him from hurting himself. dont play into drama or negotiate with him when hes being a terrorist lol. it will get easier. whatever you do dont start yelling at a kid youll never stop if you start and they ll stop hearing you lol keep your humor .
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 1:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011