Wondering...

I read an article the other day that said something to the fact of : If your mother had her first early it is likely that you will have yours early. (don't remember where I read it)
Well I am my mother's first I was born at 35wks and weighed 4lbs 5oz. My husband was an 8lb 7oz baby.
Is this article true?? Should I start getting ready?? I am 32 wks?! I am measuring at 2wks further and the doc estimated 5lbs for the baby!( he told me this at my appt last week) Just a question and something I have been thinking about.
Thanks
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think that's a reliable way to tell how your delivery will go. Every woman and pregnancy is different. And it's normal to measure ahead, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• no every pregnancy is different. your body is completely different than hers and so is the baby inside of you. There is definitely no harm in getting ready to go though, you are right, you could have the baby in a few weeks but its not more likely just because your mom did.
    Anonymous

• Im not really worried... just wanting to be prepared. We went to L & D on friday night b/c i was contracting and If it had been the real thing... OMG ... I wasn't prepared. Since Friday I have washed all her clothes and packed her bag but my bag isn't packed and the nursery isn't completely done.
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You having nothing to lose by preparing early, other than the stress about packing and getting things done!

However, your Mother's pregnancy (timing-wise, anyway) has no affect on your's. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008