How do you warm up bottles without a bottle warmer?

do you just keep water hot on the stove all the time or what other tricks do you know of to warm the up as quick as possible?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 10:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had a bottle warmer. I kept water on the stove.

Answer by gemgem at 10:34 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I also just kept water on the stove!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I took a glass that was bigger than the bottle, and put it in the sink under the faucet and let hot water run into it, all the way hot. then when it was getting hot, i put the bottle in and just let the hot water continue to run til the bottle was warm. worked well for us:)
    preemiemommy

Answer by preemiemommy at 10:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I just always made my bottles as needed, i didn't have 30 in the frig. They don't take that long to make and you can use your boiled water or i used my hot filtered water. Also depends on how old your baby is,, doc says there is really no reason to serve hot bottles they can be room temp or luke warm, and i ended that about 6-7 mths. My baby gets a room temp bottle now. He is 10mths
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Water on the stove. I turned it on until it reached a simmer, then turned it off and put the bottle in for a few minutes.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Water on the stove.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• with my first I put it in the micorwave I know they say not to, but I did and I shoke it really well and then tested on my wrist. That was if they were from the fridge I usually made her bottles and put them in the fridge fr when I needed them then I would heat them. Or I would have bottled water and if I made a bottle from that I would just put it in the bottle without heating it because it was room temp. With my youngest I breastfed for 2 weeks so when I breastfed and stopped I had milk in the freezer that I used up and with breastmilk I wouldn't put in the micorwave (don't know why), but I would hold it under the faulset or I would put it in a cup with really hot tap water until it was warm. When I started using formula I used bottled room temp water so I didn't heat it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I just used hot water from the tap and put it and the bottle in a big coffe mug. It doesn't take long.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I heated water in a pyrex measuring cup in the microwave and then put the bottle in the cup on the counter.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I also did the water on the stove , u can also try the Putting the formula or milk in a small pan a warm it up that way then poor it into the bottle and test it on your skin.
    ARMYWIFE1409

Answer by ARMYWIFE1409 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2011