Help for this??

I just can't find something that works for back talk, snottieness!!! I have tried a dab of soap in the mouth, taking some and then all of electronics away, sending her to her room. Taking time away from her friends. Maybe I'm not taking them away long enough??? Isn't a week long enough? What works??? I have talked to her till I'm blue in the face about her attitude. She does this too (I wonder to get attention I think in front of friends) and it's embarrasing!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• sounds like maybe she is having some sort of influnces from her friends?? monitor her around her friends and when she is talking on the phone or comp. etc. just to kind of get a feel to see if there is anything going on etc?? then she could be just going a phase as well entering teen yrs is difficult their going through alot of changes etc, maybe talk to her teachers also an see how thigs are going in school??
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 11:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would like some answers, too! I bumped you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My MIL says that if mine do this, I should tell them, "Fine. I'll remember that next time you want something from me." very calmly, and then the next time they ask you for something or to do something for them, tell them no and why. She said it worked for her, but I've not tried it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My 5 yo is the same, I have yet to figure it out! Let me know when you o! BUMP
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• embaress her really bad in front of her friends then tell her friends to leave ..that you need some alone time with her..and just say no next time she wants something :}
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011