Should I say something

I clean this guys cabin on sundays,and every sunday when were done and we get back home to his house,wife and kids, he calls me kiddo. I'm 38 years old he is close in age, a couple years older I think its embarrassing and it makes me feel weird when he calls me kiddo.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Say something. He won't know it bothers you unless you say something.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No, what does it matter. It would only be an awkward conversation.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• if you dont like it, say something! my husband an a lot of people call me kiddo it makes me feel young haha altho i am only 24 but i dont mind it right now...
    but bring it up an ask him not to call you that! in a very nice way of course!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• dancinintherain: because it's disrespectful to be called something you don't like. Being respected always matters.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Just be like, "Hey! Don't call me that! I like to be called (insert name here)." and leave it at that. Be nice about it though, not ill. He shouldn't take it to heart and it shouldn't hurt his feelings.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If it bothers you that much, then say something.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Wonder how he'd react you you called him kiddo?? Say something if you don't like it. Of course you'll be kind when you say it! Just the fact that you don't want to say anything tells me you'll be kind!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 5:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would start calling him Gramps.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 11:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011