Teething!

My 4 mth old is teething! What works best? Thanks!

Meltopia529

Asked by Meltopia529 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I gave mine frozen eggo waffles and cold sweet pickles to chew and suck on. They loved it. Just start over with a new on when they get a piece off or it gets hot.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• homopathic teething tablets. ( can get at Walmart, I have seen them at Walgreen's and CVS too) give one-two with your finger on the gums, it dissovles quickly. Cuts down the pain and the fussiness. (really!!!) good luck
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Amber teething necklaces! Amber has natural pain relieving properties when worn, it somehow mixes with the oil on the skin, they do not chew on them. My daughter has worn hers since she was about 4 months old. I'd take it off occasionally for baths or what not and if I forgot to put it back on her the difference was astounding!

You can find the necklaces online, just do a google search.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The teething tablets are awesome, unfortunately the FDA deemed them unsafe and had the Hylands brand recalled. There is another brand out there but you have to dissolve the tablet in water and then rub the mixture on their gums. I tried these with my son and they didn't work nearly as well.

Hopefully Hylands will make the required changes quickly and the good brand will be available again soon!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I put teething rings in the freezer and after frozen let them chew on them. You have to make sure the teething rings are the thincker plastic and not the real thin or they will chew threw them and they will break. Also, you can let them suck on a cold washcloth. Run it under really cold water and ring out tight. It doesn't make a mess and no change of it breaking. Worked great with my boys.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 7:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011