When did you get ready?

When did you start planning and getting ready for going into labor?
How early did you decide on what you are taking t the hospital and when did you pack your bags?
How many weeks were you when you did this?im 30 weeks and am thinking i should start thinking about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't pack until I was about 38 weeks. But I was ready to go at the drop of a hat in need be. I had extenuating circumstances, though. My mom was terminally ill and I was her primary care giver, so I was living with her (in another state away from my dh) until she passed away when I was 36 weeks along. So I just carried my complete medical records with me everywhere I went, and I kept a list of hospitals and medical contacts so I'd always be ready and know where to go at any point in my travels. In retrospect, it was pure insanity.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• lol i was ready at 25 weeks but that is because i had pretem labor at 23 i wanted to be ready just in case this one ill probably play it by ear but most likely around 30 weeks
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I was having some pre-term symptoms, so I at least had a list of the things I was going to pack by thirty weeks. Actually, I think I had started carrying around a bag of things I'd want for laboring by that time as well...my son ended up being five days late. :)

If packing everything is too hard now, pack what you can and then leave a list of the things you still need on top of your bag, just in case you need to throw things in at the last minute. The sooner you're ready, the sooner it'll be off your mind!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2008