My 6 month old has a cough and you can her her wheezing when she breathes. It doesnt seem like she is having problems breathing, just seems like the mucus needs to come up.

any suggestions on how to get the mucus out of her chest? I have been doing warm water, a humidifier when she sleeps, and baby vapo rub on her chest. Any suggestions would be great.

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 11:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest calling the doc. Hope she feels better soon!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• not trying to scare you but my ds was likethat and i had to take him to the doctor because he was getting worse, he had pneumonia....call the oed and see what they reccomend GL i hope she feels better
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• ped..sorry about the typos
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Could be RSV you should contact a doc.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well my 2 year old got diagnosed with pneumonia last thursday, and when i called the doc on friday to get the baby checked, they said if she is eating, sleeping well and does not have a fever, they do not see the need to see her. I thought that was pretty messed up, but she IS acting fine. eating sleeping well. so I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You need to find a doc who will see her.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• she needs albuterol treatment. take her into the er
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:34 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Take her to the doctor. This happen to my daughter aroumd 9 months ad she ended up having pneumonia. Since she is too young to know that she is suppose to spit the mucus out it went in to her lungs. It was a mild case. They will probably give your daughter a chest xray and give you a nebulizer (its a breathing machine thing). You just put the mask on her face and she'll breath the Medicine (albuterol) in and this will break the mucus that is in her lungs up. My daughter hated it. I think the noise it made scared her. I hope she feels better soon
    kenziesmom0115

Answer by kenziesmom0115 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• So is it possible to have pneumonia without any other symptoms other than couch and wheezing?
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• good luck at the doctor
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011