Lost our insurance.....

So, apparently since hubby got his new job we now make 175 bucks too much for our kids to have state insurance! I was so excited we were finally getting out of the negative, got debt paid off...there is NOOO way we can afford insurance through his company or mine! It would eat what I make in a month ENTIRELY and put us in an awful spot, so for now I either have to pay out of pocket...orrr find some private insurance, or cut my hours to make less a month!

I am looking into getting some private insurance, I am hoping its cheaper than what we are offered through our jobs...what insurance do you have for your kids or family? Are you satisfied with it?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• I live in Florida where luckily no child can be denied health insurance - it's called Florida Healthy Kids - you pay based on your income and I've had my daughter on it since she was little. Sounds like you need to make $175 less than you do now would be the logical solution. I've shopped health insurance and I cannot afford it myself AND I have pre-existing so there is nothing I can afford.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Call your Pediatricians office. Most states still offer a program for childrens health & you only have to pay a mininal charge less than the regular fee if you did not have insurance. I think it is a law so no child goes without medical attention. Call them & explain your situation. GL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I get insurance thru my employer - Blue Cross/Anthem. I've looked around a couple of times and there is nothing we could afford with this same coverage. Good Luck to you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If I were you I would look at it diffrently like Thank Goodness we arent on assistance and can provide for ourselves. I would look at Blue Cross/ Blue shield If it was me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Try to get insurance through your local hospital (every state has a different name) mass.=Commonealth Care. They will ask for your income + spouse. They will base your monthly fee on your income.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Anon, I am thankful that were moving up. Its just upsetting being stuck in an in between spot! My kids are 2 and almost 1...They get sick, need to go to the doc for check ups and shots....Insurance isnt something you can just cut back on! Atleast not for kids!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well blue cross to be affordable to actually go to the doc would be about 350 a month! sooo, not even possible!! the HSAs through them aren't too bad, but I don't see being able to pay out of pocket until we reach a 15K deductible....
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks Tinker, and I will do that "ilovemypaulie" I didnt even think of doing that!!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Aetna is good too.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have a home business with a company that offers health plans. For an entire family it is 39.95 a month.
    For more info you can visit my website at www.mybenefitsplus.com/vgriffin.

If I can be of any other help, please don't hesitate to message me. I wish you the best in your search for insurance. It is definitely not something you want to be without esp. with young children.
    vgriffinmama

Answer by vgriffinmama at 3:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011