my children want to.....

Make friendship bracelets to children who really need a friend or a penpal. I think its a great idea to make children faces light up when receiving gifts from other children. Do you know of anyone who would like one please let me know. My children have a big heart.

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 4:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You could contact child welfare in your area and see if there are foster kids or needy kids in your area who might like them.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• ok sounds great thanks alot!
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 4:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You are a great mom! I love to see moms instill giving in their children.I love the idea too.Bless you and all your little ones
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I am a former social worker and truthfully I dont think kids who have been abused are going to care squat if they get a bracelet made of string.

Instead you should sell them and use the $$$ to buy clothes, christmas gifts, and food for needy families.

If you really want to make a difference have the kids help deliver meals through meals on wheels or volunteer somewhere.
    Anonymous

• This is my childrens idea why be rude about it. Any children would be greatful for someone thinking ot them.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 5:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Also try your local children's hospital
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I know my daughter would be thrilled to get one. My daughter is similar that she want to make stuff for others, but doesn't have many friends and adults just don't appreciate the kids handi work (of course, unless its grandma) selling the stuff is nice if they can, but its hard for kids to sell stuff, i know we have tried. my daughter made bracelets out of beads in the summer and she sold some, but still disapointing for her as she hoped to sell more.
    3uniquekids

Answer by 3uniquekids at 2:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Anon 1:23~ ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! We are in an economic crisis and you think that these children should sell bracelets and buy stuff for kids?! First of all, your comment was ASSININE!! Secondly, being a social worker didn't teach you how to be sociable! What a shame! My kids don't have much but at that age, getting a gift like this would be a prized possession. IT'S YOUR damn job to meet the other needs!! NOT KIDS who want to help make friends and brighten those friends' day. Since you think that these children should be making bracelets and selling them, then buying clothes and food, heck! Why don't we just have them go work down at the local factory and bring home a regular paycheck and turn that over to the needy?! Good grief lady! I hope that you were kidding but sadly, I don't think you were!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well said Babylove76... Some people:(
    I think the bracelet is a great idea!
    crissym45

Answer by crissym45 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Wow.... That's such a great thing to do!!! Any school aged kid would love recieving something like that!
    bethruffino

Answer by bethruffino at 12:01 AM on Dec. 4, 2008