Grammar, spelling, & punctuation

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but...
Doesn't it bother you when you have to translate a question from what is written to English? I see these long rambling questions and I can barely untangle them! I want to give advice to these moms but it gives me a headache trying to read their posts!
BTW I'm not talking about occasional spelling errors and typos. We all have days when we can't type. I'm talking about the brutal mutilation of the English language.
So I guess this isn't a question. It's a public service announcment. If you have a problem and need to give a ton of background information PLEASE take the time to include punctuation and learn the difference between there, their, were, where, no, know, etc.
I'm not trying to be mean or bitchy. If no one can understand the question, you simply won't get the advice you need.

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• If I can't decipher the question I just move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree with you! It's the dreaded 'Wall of Text' that gets me! lol I don't mind occasional errors at all, but for goodness' sake- use a comma and a period now and then!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Meltopia - punctuation is 3rd grade basics. You didn't go to 3rd grade?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Move along if you can't read it.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ahh, I think I love you! Little mishaps here & there don't bother me, but yes, when I can't figure out what someone is trying to say it's very frustrating!
    Anonymous

• If I don't understand it, I just skip it. It's not that big of a deal.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Some people may have learning disabilities and may not be able to write as well as others. My dad and brother can not spell for crap and they are both dyslexic, it's not their fault and chances are that it won't change. But you can't tell those things over a computer so please don't judge.
    Anonymous

• It's hard to read so I usually skip.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• "Some people may have learning disabilities and may not be able to write as well as others" This is a fact for some of us!

Be kind or skip the question, problem solved
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well, the spelling really gets me since there is a spell check feature that people could use for every single question and answer if they weren't too lazy to do so.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011