what to expect first doctor vist after a postive home pregnancy test

i pretty sure i am pregnant i am late 10 days but my last cycle was only 24 hours, i am nausa all day ,my breast are really sore, frequent urniation and i am tried but at night toss in turn

sekeya

Asked by sekeya at 4:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The will give you a test to prove your pregnancy, And the next visit will be the u/s and pap
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• well it depends on how far along you would be when you went. my first appt i got a pap, pelvic exam, drew blood, did an ultrasound, urine sample, breast exam, height weight etc...and i was 12 weeks i believe.... so it depends on how far along you are. do you know at all?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My midwife didn't want to see me until I was 8 weeks along. They never gave me a pregnancy test - the pee tests at the hospital aren't any better than the ones you can buy at the store. At the first visit we went over my complete medical history and talked about general pregnancy and prenatal care topics. There was no exam (I think they just took my vitals and that was it) or anything at that first visit.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I was 9 weeks with my first Dr's appt. They did a urine test to initially confirm the pregnancy, took pap samples, went over my medical history, went over pregnancy symptoms, and did a vaginal ultrasound.

redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Depending on how soon you go in, it may just be a blood or urine pregnancy test and a prescription for prenatal vitamins. Then questions, millions and millions of questions, about your medical history, plus your mother's, father's, siblings, anyone genetically connected to you or Baby's Daddy. Hopefully they'll send you paperwork to fill out beforehand so you can ask the questions you'll need to. I also had a dating ultrasound on my visit, as well as some minor blood work. I didn't have a pelvic exam until I met the OB at the next visit.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• LOL, so as you can see, it varies from doctor to doctor!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2008