• In the Spotlight:

What are some benifits of having children 2 years apart?

Cost of college, similar friends, etc...

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• they can become each others BF?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My younger 2 are 2 1/2 years apart. They play together really well. Are truly best friends. But my daughter (7) is also able to buckle his seat belt, get him a drink, etc. She mothers him and he loves it. I think it's the perfect age difference. But yes, unfortunately they will be in college at the same time, so that will be tough. Also, if she has a friend over it's tough because they don't want to play with her "baby" brother.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't really know of any definite benefits but that's the age difference of my children are and it's the same with my brother and I. My kids are still young 4 and almost 2, but so far they seem to have a really great bond and enjoy similar things.

My brother and I have a great bond and were great playmates growing up, it's what made me want the same distance with my kids.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I only have two that are close in age (15 mths) and they played together, potty trained together, etc. When they got older is when it was more of a problem. They wanted tobe different, so they are worst enemies at the moment.

Answer by gemgem at 11:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• they get out of the house quicker than if they were six years apart. Kitten got married in 97 and Pumpkin was at college 2 years later. WE had an empty nest and still lovong it
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• being able to get rid of all the baby stuff faster...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My girls are 2.5 years apart and they are great friends, get along with each other friends... My brothers and I are all one year and nine months apart... We are a very close family and while my dad moved around a lot, we always knew we could count on each other... Still, to this day, while we are in our 30's and 40's~ we are best friends....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have two that are 18 months apart and they've had each other for support all through elementary school (except when the oldest started kindergarten). Next year he heads to middle school and she'll there all alone for a year before she goes too. I have always enjoyed knowing they at least had each other - at school, on the bus, the first year at overnight camp, etc. They are boy/girl, but much closer than most of my friends who have opposite sex siblings further apart.

Answer by missanc at 12:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• getting the pregnancies out of the way? siblings that are close in age and share similar interests & friends?

my kids are 4.5, 2 (27 months) and 1 (14 months) and the 4 and 2 year old are like best friends. the 2 year old is literally my 4 year old's shadow! she copies everything she says/does. the 1 year old is starting to follow in the same footsteps. they all have a great time together when we go to the playground.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Mine are 22 months apart. Even though it was hard with a baby and a terrible 2 now I LOVE it. They play together. My daughter can help my son do things. They are best friends. They keep each other occupied. It's GREAT
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 12:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011