what items did you pack?

What items did you pack for baby? and what items did you pack for mommy and daddy when you went into labor?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• oh man I went with the whole shabang and only used a little bit.
    For labor I would just back some kind of candy or mints you cansuck on, you wont need much else
    for After I would pack a list of phone numbers to call people i would pack clothes for three days for me(two for in the hospital and one for coming home) and 2 outfits for my baby boy(one for pics and one for home),maybe a few snacks but you can always have day run for those later and as for dad i would put your feet up and relax while he packs his own stuff
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 4:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• For baby you don't need very much, especially if you're going straight home from the hospital (and live close). Going home outfit, burp clothes, a blankie, and maybe diapers and wipes (though your hospital will probably give you that stuff).

The Pregnancy Daily Buzz has a list of suggested things to pack for the hospital, plus two cents put in by lots of Moms. I know I way overpacked, but you never really know what you're going to want, so I was prepared for everything!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Ooo lets see...i packed everything minus the kitchen sink..and i used very little of it. I was in the hospital for 2 days and the only thing that ever really came out of my bag was a change of clothes...I am glad that i had my own pillow and my boppy was a lifesaver... its almost impossible to reach into that bassinet without moving your whole body and trust me you wont want to do that! So for me it was just the pillow,boppy and clothes...
    I packed one of everything for the baby too and that wasnt a bad idea...3 onesies..some of my own diapers...my own bottles...a few burp cloths...a recieving blanket and one nice blanket...2 sleepers(which were the best idea ever, its cold in those hospitals) one hat and 2 pairs of socks. I used everything out of her bag at some point in time. Oh and dont forget your camera and honestly i brought my laptop and i was on it for 1/2 my labor..best distraction ever!!!
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2008