Do you ever question your marriage?

Here lately DH has been really getting on my nerves. It seems as if I do nothing right. He complains about his job. He complains about everything and some how I'm suppose to wave a magic wand and make the world a better place.
When he left for work this morning..He said..See ya ,when I see ya! I'm just so fed up. I do love him..and I get the stress, but I'm doing the best I can....I just question if I even want this relationship any more. Do any of you ever question your marriage?

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband and I have gone through periods like that, and all of my married friends complain of the same thing occasionally. When the outside stress starts to erode at my marriage, I find that a really calm, ut frank talk helps to recenter things.

"I miss you. I feel so distant and lonely in our marriage. I feel like there is a lot of stress, and nobody appreciates me or what I do. It is really hard on me, emotionally."

I think that my husband is just unaware, sometimes, of how he comes off to me. A really honest talk usually resets things around here.

We are not in that place right now, thank God, and I feel very close to him again. I have come to the conclusion that I also play a part, but our relationship is very important to me, so we both have to work hard to keep it going.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• There are ups and downs in every marriage. My husband and I have been married for more than 46 years, and there have been plenty of them. Marriage is mostly about committment to stay together and get through the downs. When my husband shows signs of irritation with me, I have learned to take stock of myself and my own behavior. Most of the time, I discover that I have been insensitive to his feelings in some way, and I probably have told him about some of his shortcomings in a less than loving manner. My husband usually takes it on the chin, seemingly, but I will see the signs that I have wounded him. Those signs are very similar to the ones you saw this morning. My advice to you is to do something really special for your husband today--make his favorite dinner, ask him what you can do to make his life easier, etc. Blame is very seldom 100% on one side, so honestly look to see if maybe your attitude has played any part.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Every day.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Not yet...... LOL... BUT I AM SURE HE HAS!!!!!
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• sometimes.......
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Every marriage has rough patches. NannyB answered it best!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't. I know I did the right thing when I married my DH, even when things are really hard, and believe me, we have had our share of fights and troubles.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I never question the marriage as far as staying with my husband or loving him. There are times when he gets on my last nerves but my vows were for better or for worse. During the worse times, I pray and continue trusting God with my marriage and during the better times, I pray and continue to trust God with my marriage.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Never in 39 years, you got to take the good with the bad and make the best of it, humor has always helped us..............................

Answer by older at 12:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011