When did you buy it?

When (if you did) did you buy a "going home outfit" for the baby when going home from the hospital??

when did you have it ready and bought?

my daughter will be born in the coldest month, but we live in a relatively hot state (arizona), doesnt snow here or anything. What kind of cute outfit could i buy for her to come home in?? something girly and pretty yet warm and comforting. :)

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have already bought my son's outfit. He is due in Jan and I live in a state that has very cold winters. Needless to say I forwent cute and looked more towards comfort and warmth. He is coming home in a fleece sleeper that I found.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 4:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I am 32wks. We bought our going home outfit this past weekend. I went to dillard's and bought a REALLY cute frilly pants and shirt set that is really warm!! She is due the coldest month here too!! GL have fun shopping for the outfit!!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I bought a pant and kimono-style shirt set at Baby Gap in both pink and blue, plus a little stocking hat to match each, for my August baby. I donated the pink one to the hospital, since I ended up having a boy. :) I bought them a month ahead of time, but would have bought it a lot sooner had I been able to find something I liked to work for both.

Oh, and it seems that most going home outfits are HUGE on the babies they're put on. The outfits I got were for babies up to 7 pounds, so I was bummed when my guy ended up being over 9...but it still fit just fine!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I bought an outfit for my girl the week before my ultrasound to find out her sex. I was just SO excited, and KNEW I was having a girl, and also bought it for good luck. It was my first clothing purchase based on sex. But I have my outfit that I went home from the hospital in, and I'm thinking about letting her wear it if she fits!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

•  

iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• lol dont know what is with the big ass space but this is what we got her
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I'd stick with a simple one piece footed jammie!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I got so many adorable things from my shower, I'll just use one of those outfits.
    Anonymous