Toddler-friendly crock pot recipes?

I have a nice medium sized crock pot that doesn't get hardly any use. I'd like to use it more, but I honestly don't know what to make. My daughter is a picky eater, so I'm looking for a full-proof recipe that involves chicken in some form (the only meat she will eat). Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!

CollegeMommy121

Asked by CollegeMommy121 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Check out this blog. It's a years worth of crockpot recipes.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Like chicken chili?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Chicken chili sounds amazing! Recipe?
    CollegeMommy121

Comment by CollegeMommy121 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i made an awesome whole chicken yesterday. all my kids ate it and they're 4, 2 and 1! it was really easy too, i bought a small whole chicken and poured some honey dijon dressing over it. added a few chopped green onions and laid some slices of bacon over the chicken, then drizzled a bit more honey dijon over it. covered it and it was done within 5 hours. sweet yet tangy! so good. it went really good with mac & cheese & green beans. instead of honey dijon sauce you can use bbq sauce, lemon pepper, any sauce you like. just pour over and let it slow roast.

another good chicken recipe, use breasts, tenderloins or cutlets. put them in the crockpot and add a can of cream of (insert whatever kind you like here) soup with some seasonings you like. cook on low until done.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm a plain person so my chicken chili is:
    2 cans of kidney beans
    1 packet of mild chili seasoning
    1 jar of spaghetti sauce
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    1 lb of cooked boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes

Leave in crock pot on low for 2-3 hours
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The fix-it-And-Forget-it Cookbook has LOTS of recipes. http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Forget-Cookbook-Dawn-Ranck/dp/1561483397
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Boneless skinless chicken breasts + cream of whatever soup. When done (6-8 hours on low, 4-6 on high) shred the chicken and serve on buns/rolls, over pasta or rice, or mix in veggies & a little water or milk and make an easy soup.

Same chicken, but salsa instead - when done, shred, and use to make fajitas, quesadillas, tacos, etc.
    Anonymous

• If you are interested in meatless dishes, send me a message!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• put chicken and cream of chicken soup. cook all day and then shred and put over waffles.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2011