How do i potty train my 17 month old!

he tells me that he has gone but wont peepee on the potty! he will take off his diaper and put it in the trash. but i cant get past this stap?

mydogsublime

Asked by mydogsublime at 11:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He may not be ready to completly potty train yet but try this sit him on the potty about every 15 minutes if he goes give him a treat something he really likes my son liked m&m's so thats wht i gave him he will eventully get it hang in there
    proudmomie97

Answer by proudmomie97 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• He is not mentally ready to use the toilet yet. My doctor told me that if you start too early you may actually be setting yourself up for disaster when the time comes to actually do it. It is metally draining on a child too young. Their brains don't have the capacity to have them hold their pee and poo yet. You can reward them with candy but they will only go because they are getting candy. When training your should reward with a happy dance or a good "Great job buddy!" But it is a good time to have them start watching you and daddy go potty so he can get the idea.
    azmommy06

Answer by azmommy06 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• DIAPER FREE BEFORE 3 IS A GREAT TRAINING BOOK. AND IT HELPS EXPLAIN WHERE THIS MYTH ABOUT THEM NOT BEING MENTALLY READY CAME FROM. IT'S A GREAT POTTY TRAINING BOOK- HEATHER, YOU CAN BORROW MINE!!
    SEXMONKEYMAGIC

Answer by SEXMONKEYMAGIC at 12:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008