Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my ex have to pay half of the babysitter if I go to work full time?

I am currently working 2 days a week, only 3 hour days, so I have my parents watch my son. His dad is currently paying support, but isn't paying anything for a sitter.. My job just offered me to come full time, and work mon-fri instead of 2 days, 6 hour weeks.. so I'm going to do it.. my question is, does his dad have to help me with babysitter??? He works full time, 5 days a week, sometimes 6.. and I need the money- so I have to do this...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (5)
  • It would depend on your court order. Get in touch with your lawyer and see what they say. Good luck!

    Answer by wildfinches at 2:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

  • Beware, the courts might figure that child care is figured in with child support.

    Answer by isaboo22 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

  • If it is your parents watching and you don't pay, then no. As a pp said, some courts figure that in with support. You could also check with Child Care resources - you could qualify to get help from the state to where you pay a small co-pay (like $20/week depending on your income).

    Answer by Fawn80 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

  • If it isn't in the court order as stated above then no. This would be what you could use the child support for.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

  • When I filled out all of the support papers, I wasn't working at the time or anything, just a full time student.. but now I am... I talked to my case worker today and she said something about filing for a modification..??? What is that?

    Answer by shenae704 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.