Son wants to play T-ball, but hated it last year?

My 6 year old son wants to play T-ball this year, last year he was on a team that he was the youngest and had melt down after melt down,, we finally pulled him out. He is a year older and will playing with same age boys this year, but if he starts we are not going to let him quit..should we try this again?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 12:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• You should let him join but let him know that "you will NOT take him out if it gets too hard or he has melt downs because he'll never learn to stick through something"
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• sure , maybe try another team. I finally let mine quit baseball after 6 years. the first 4 years or so he loved it, but just wasn't in it it last year, he wants to focus on football which he's much better at. I'd say you have toy give it a few seasons, and it does get better once they actually start learning and playing real baseball.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My sister is went thru the exact same thing. She is putting him back in baseball this year, but the youngest will be on the team too. So I think she is hoping that since already knows some boys on the team it will help. And he is a year older hopefully will help, because he is actually pretty good for a 5 year old.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• What caused the melt downs last year? If you know that maybe you can prepare him if the same thing happens this year. You should let him join, help prepare him, let him how important it is to follow through when you join a team and let him know before hand that he can not quick.

Good luck
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree with the others. Let him play, but let him know if he starts he has to srick with it, he can not just quit because he doesn't like it or he's upset about something or someone.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 7:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011