What would you do?

What would you do if out of the blue some woman came to your house saying, "I'm not proud of this but I thought you should know, your husband and I have been having an affair for a while now and I am pregnant." She also says that she wants to keep the child and will be taking your husband to court for child support. She then leaves and drives away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd have a sit down with my husband and if he confirms the story, make sure he gets a DNA test before any $ is given to her, then I'd probably leave him. but thats me, you might want to start some counseling to see if you 2 can work it out, or even just go yourself , if he won't go with you.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would get the locks changed on the house, go to the bank and transfer half of all the money into your own account, go see an attorney, get the divorce filed with everything you want regarding the kids, child support, alimony etc. When he showed up at the door I would tell him to find a new home, and not let him in. He chose to step outside his life and start a new one, so it's time to move on. I wouldn't concern myself with the pregnant girlfriend, she has her own problems with him to figure out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'd cry. Then I'd figure out whether or not I still wanted to be in the marriage.
    Anonymous

• wow doll.
    I would for sure ask him about this..... find out when, where, & how long, WHO else..... then I would beat his ever cheating butt. (lol) really... I personally would put his ass right on out the door for a week until you can get your thoughts together enough to figure out what you want. Here if you need to chat....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Did she give her name? I would confront him. At least remember what she looked like and what kind of car she was driving. I had similar happen to me, but they didn't get pregnant. Just came up to me and told me they had been sleeping with my husband. More than once. One of them actually cried because she felt guilty. By then, I really didn't care. I told her she wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last. I even told her she could have him. He was worthless to me. Who wants a lying, cheating, ass who treats ANY woman better than he does his wife? Not me.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yikes - so many questions. Did she tell you her name? Well I guess I first and foremost I would have tried to get her license plate number after I regained my shock so I could try to pinpoint who she is (thats my inner sleuth), does it make sense - has he been acting funny?, then I would wait for hubby to come home tonight and have a chat - this is an "in person" confrontation since you'll need to be able to read his body language, see his reaction in his eyes. I hope this is just a WWYD and not something you are actually dealing with but that is what I would do. Then if so, I would divorce him.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would ask her for specifics? I would ask her when and where and after if it was true I would leave.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't know. I'm a very naive person, so I definitely wouldn't expect it, but I wouldn't automatically think she was lying either. I guess I'd sit down with my DH and we would have a long, long discussion. Then we'd be getting an attorney and court orders for paternity testing. I'd definitely get him to be in the kid's life- it's not the kid's fault by a long shot.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would prepare myself to leave. You can't just go locking him out of the house just because you want to. What he alledgedly did was wrong but you have to follow the laws or it will bite you in the ass.

I would confront my husband before I actually left. I would ask him if there is something he wanted to tell you. Don't let him know what happened until you find out his reaction......

Good luck.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• has he cheated on you before. Do you know who this woman is. I would deffantly talk to him in person. This is realy scary ! this woman if she is pergnant could want the baby on his insurance ,and she could want him to pay for her prenatel care. then off course the financial torture she could put him threw after the child is born . and if you work would you be putting your money in the pot? then theirs visitation rights would he want them? would you want to be babysettng his mistresses baby on the weekends? i would confront him with a suitcase full of his cloths and tell him he couldnt stay there (if he wanted too) until you thought things throu.no time frame it could take a month. It is okay to forgive and stay married if it was a one time thing that only happend once. everyone knows a onenight stand can result in a pregnancy. their is alot t think about and talk about exspecially if you and your DH has children.
    witchymoma

Answer by witchymoma at 12:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011