Have you ever made a pinata?

How did you do it? How long did it take? How did it turn out?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• yes, i have made a bunch of them.

I use newspaper & water mixed with flour to make like a pancake batter. I buy different shape balloons, blow them up & wrap them with the newspaper that i dipped in the mixture.

First i cut my newspaper into strips about 2-4" wide.

i wrap the wet strip around the ballon & keep going until there is a nice thick layer & the balloon is coverned, but leave an opening where the balloon tie is & let it dry for a few days. when it is hard & dry, i pop the balloon, paint & fill with candy. To cover the hole, i use more newspaper dipped in some mixture & let that dry then paint over it. It's a process, but fun to-do with the kids. I've made pigs, butterflies, lady bugs & just some weird ones that weren't really anything, but looked cool. IM me if you need any tips or anything. They always turn out great.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have but I've never made a certin shape or charater, I just made a "world" for a class project once. Although I might try to make one for the fun of it....
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I haven't made one but have stuffed one that I bought before.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have, and it seemed like a pain in the butt. I used some wire screen, the kind with one inch holes, and made the shape, then covered it in newspaper soaked in glue. It was kinda fun, but time consuming. I've also done one out of a balloon before. Less time consuming, more fun.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• When I was 16 my parents left town for their anniversary which was the same weekend as my little sisters 8th bday. They left my little brother and I in charge of the party and we made a pinata out of a keystone 12 pack box. we filled it with candy and covered it in pink paper and turned it into a pig. It was pretty easy and super cute and all the kids loved it. haha kinda red-neck but it worked...not bad for two teenagers trying to pull off a little girl party
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes - I made a Snoopy. I used a balloon, wire, and papier mache. It took a long time, but it turned out really cute!

Answer by missanc at 1:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011