Lungs burning while exercising?

I've started working out recently, but after trying to run or doing anything more strenuous than a walk, my lungs start burning and I have trouble breathing and have to slow down again. How do I know if it's just from being out of shape or might be asthma? I try to control my breathing but it hasn't stopped. What else can I do to help?

montanagal2005

Asked by montanagal2005 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

• I'm really out of shape and this happened to me. It took about a week of pushing myself through it before it stopped. It will go away!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• asthma is hard to mistake. during an asthma attack you can breathe in but cannot get the air out, your lungs don't burn either. you need to work your way up. Baron Baptiste calls it "facing the truth" knowing your starting point and working your way up.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Do some steps if you have a large hill do it twice a day it will also help to jump rope as well
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Even when I was in shape, that would happen to me. I think the only way to rule out asthma is to get testing done. In the meantime, keep the exercising up and see if it improves.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• This happened to me because i wasn't drinking enough water while exercising.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• For me it's because I'm out of shape
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It will pass, mine used to do this.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 12:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2011