Do you think that God frowns upon unequal yolk marriage?

For those that know what i am talking about. I know there is a verse in the Bible that states this i just can't remember where. What do you think? I hear so many people say this. Me & my husband are unequal, I am Christian & he is not. Yes at times we butt heads but we never let our differences get in between that. He respects me & my beliefs as i respect him. I personally don't think that God thinks it is a sin.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God says not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers in 2 Corinthians 6:14. The sin in yoking yourself to an unbeliever is disobedience to what God has commanded. But like every other sin we have committed, it is to be confessed to God and we are to ask forgiveness for having disobeyed Him. Once you are so married, we are commanded to stay in that marriage in 1 Peter 3, and we are further instructed there as to how we are to live with an unbelieving husband. It seems that you are being obedient to those instructions. The greatest danger for you may be the temptation to recommend your choice to others because it has seemingly worked out so well for you, so I would be very careful of doing that. I've known several marriages like yours, and I think that perhpas the greatest harm from them may come to your children. In almost every instance, the children have followed the example of Dad rather than Mom's, and I'm talking adults.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Not only do I think he doesn't find it wrong, I think he has one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No I do not. I think that is ridiculous for anyone to say.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• He never said it was a sin but to encourage others to do the same is not wise. Does He frown upon it... I believe in the power of Grace and He will give you grace even though you may not be married to a believer. He will turn it around for good to those who Love Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't think He cares about whether a couple is equally yoked in terms of beliefs or race or anything like that. I think He cares more that it is a healthy, respectful, relationship reflecting of the characteristics (love, graciousness, compassion, kindness, etc) that He wills us all to display to our fellow man but are essentially important in our deeper interpersonal relationships as well. There are couples who believe differently who have very deep, meaningful, respectful relationship, and those who don't - its not about the beliefs, IMO, but the ability to respect the differences in beliefs and to nurture the relationship and each other. There are also couples who DO believe similarly who do NOT show each other the love and respect they should...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think the Divine doesnt care.

They trust us to make the decisions concerning who we love, how we deal with marriage, bedroom antics, and everything else under the sun.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Me and my hubby are very different in beliefs but to me it doesn't matter. I didn't marry him because of that. I married him because i truly love him
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think there are more important reasons to be frowned upon.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The Bible talks about that. I can't remember where it is but you can look in your concordance. The believer makes up for the non-believer.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• it does say that we should be with like believers..however, I know PLENTY of religious people who are emotionally and mentally abusive and the person would be much better off without. I think God wants you to be with who makes you happy and treats you right and loves you with all of his heart.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2011