Can you delete someone else's answer? and would you?

I can understand if it was totally bashing or rude, but just because you disagree with their answer? we're all entitled to our opinions, vote it down if you disagree but last I checked we had freedom of speech in this country, and if you don't want to hear an answer don't ask the question. There is a' report this answer "button , use it if you feel something is inappropriate. I'm just saying this because I noticed numerous answers to a question that was posted yesterday, are now missing except for the few that agreed with the original poster.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 12:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I wish we could block certain people from responding to our questions.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't think so....that would not go over too well if you could delete anyone's answer you don't like.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You can not delete someone else's post. If they are reported and deemed against the TOS the mods can and will delete it.

I personally would not delete posts if we could because everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• That's not someone who actually wants to hear opinions, they just want someone to agree with them.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No, the OP cannot delete answers
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I wish I could but everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if they are wrong.
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No, you can't delete other people's answers and no I would not if I could. However, I would love to have a feature where I could block anon answers from my questions
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Only in journals. I personally don't - no matter how bad it is, it's not me posting it, so they're only making themselves look bad.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You can delete your question.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• we're all entitled to our opinions, vote it down if you disagree but last I checked we had freedom of speech in this country, and if you don't want to hear an answer don't ask the question.

I didn't know that CM was it's own country that had freedom of speech. Silly me! I've been thinking that this was an worldwide internet site for social networking that had rules call Terms Of Service that everyone had to follow or lose privileges, including having answers deleated.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2011